Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 17, 2009

One busy weekend.


This week we decided to have a garage sale, and boy did we need to. I started getting stuff ready on Wednesday night for a garage sale starting at 7am the next morning. I had a lot of work cut out for me. Aaron helped me so much, I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who takes good care of me. We got everything ready by 11 that night and we hit the sack around 12ish to get back up at 6:30am. Oh, I was so tired.
The sale went well and by Saturday afternoon we closed it with only one box of stuff left to keep and one box to give away. We sold so much stuff, bringing in about 300 dollars yay!!!!
Saturday night we went to dinner to celebrate our new earned money at Applebees and came home and watched Seven Pounds. It was a good movie, not sure I'd watch it again though. Earlier this week we watched Benjamen Button, that was really good and I could watch it again tonight.

Today we went to church and learned about serving the Lord. Serving is something that come easy to me in the outside world. I love giving to others and doing whatever needs to be done without wanting something in return. The area I struggle is in my own home.

I have a scripture up in my kitchen :
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve other, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4: 8-9

I look to this verse when I am struggling to get things done around the house, for all the stay-at-home moms I think you know how hard it is to pick up a house to watch it being torn apart just before your husband gets home. For those who go to work, I know it is even harder because you want to spend time with family and not being cleaning and cooking when your home.
I really want to serve my husband, but I have had a really hard time with this. So this week I am going to focus and pray that I can serve my husband. What area in life do you feel the need to serve in?

On to the weekend, after church we picked up some Arby's and headed to the zoo, I will let the pictures do the talking, but if you can't tell we had so much fun.



This is a bear in the tree.








l


After the zoo we came home to rest. I borrowed Bride Wars from a friend and watched that while the kids slept and Aaron worked on the landscaping. It was nice to have some chick-flick quite time.

For dinner and some great conversation we went to out friends/neighbors house to have some yummy burgers. Ryan and Jill are our good friends and they have an adorable son named Chase who turns 1 on the 2oth. They also have two new puppys, Tucker and Boomer. Here are some pictures of the night.


This was Taylynn in the process of kiss.

We had a busy weekend, but I am beat. Lets hope for a good nights rest. Sleep tight!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, girl, don't you know your supposed to let people know that your having a garage sale!!!! I would have come and spent lots of money, I love garage sales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to the 'letting people know about your garage sale'! Next time girl, next time. Also, I struggle the same way you do with serving your hubbie. I'm going to borrow 'The Power of a Praying Wife' from my boss' wife because I've been told how awesome it is. And your zoo day looked like a blast! Except for you sitting so close to a lizard and your kids almost getting eaten by flamingos. ;) Freaks me out!

    Anyway! Have fun watching The Bachlorette tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those puppies were so cute!! I like 7 pounds but it was not my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete