Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 5, 2010

My typical day

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
My life changes day to day, but I'll tell you what usually happens around here.

I am a stay at home mom, who doesn't "stay at home" much. We love to get out and do something everyday.


We wake up between 7:15-8:00am and begin the day. It starts off slow so I can wake up. We eat breakfast, watch cartoons, check email and blogs until about 9.

During that time I try to get them dressed, for some reason it is easier to do while they are watching cartoons. I also get my self dressed.

Typically we head out around 9. I have bible study every wed, MOPS every other Tuesday. The other days you can find us at Target, the Mall, library, Wal-Mart or out with our friends.

We get home around 11:30-2 and either eat lunch if we haven't or go straight to bed. I have made a point to keep Taylynn and Preston off a set schedule to make my life easy. Although my life is revolved around them I don't really want it to be on their schedule. We are on the go a lot, so it is easier if they are not in need of a nap at a certain time.

During naps I catch up on my Bible studies, label orders, blogs, get things out for dinner, attempt to clean, and usually relax.

When Taylynn and Preston wake up (they sleep 2-3 hours), we cuddle for a little bit, they both don't wake up in the best moods. Depending on the time we make a snack, and yes they help. Helping cook is one of there favorite things to do.

Taylynn usually asks to play school, so we work in her workbook, while Preston plays with her doll house. We also do A LOT of painting around here. And they'll paint for a good 45 minutes sometimes.

Daddy gets home at 5:30 and dinner is usually ready. We eat, have baths and then Daddy plays with the kids while I relax and breath.

They go to bed around 8, but sometimes 9.

I am ready for the schedule to say: we went out side and went on a walk, we went out side and played, but it is not yet warm enough.

I definitely have hard days being a mom, but the good ones out weigh everything.

5 comments:

  1. You have a great schedule going on! I SO need to get out of the house more! It's so hard with the little one's sometimes, but I have no excuses because of the weather! I gotta work on that :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I'm totally for the NO schedule life. I'm sure its great for some, but I love my freedom. You go girl! What a wonderful day :) Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about your day! I too can't wait to play outdoors...ready to say good-bye to Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very organized. Have a routine for the kids is the best for them and us.

    Enjoy the weekend.

    PS: I'm anxious to see the pictures of the party and know the gender of the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading about your day....You have a great blog...what a cute header

    ReplyDelete