Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Meet the Letters

****This is not an infomercial post, it just sounds like it :)****

I have a video to share with you today. If you have young children, you'll want to see this.
My daughter has been able to identify her lower and upper case ABC'S. All of them since she was 17 months old. I would show her a letter and she would say it. I cannot for the life of me find the video of her doing this, so I recorded her today at 2 1/2. Preston is in the process of learning them, but he is 15 months and has a lot to learn in the next couple months.



They have learned the upper case and lower case letters though the DVD Meet the Letters and then I practice with them at home using flash cards. Before they turn two their seems to be a window where their minds are open to learning and they pick things up really easy. I am hoping we can keep this up so that they both might be reading at age 3.

Here is a video of Preston in the car watching
the video and saying the letters. Excuse some of my
laughing during the letter O. After is video of Taylynn
I took today practicing her upper and lower case flash cards.


The video seems to hold their interest. I always said I would never run around town with the DVD player on in the car, but I do. For one it keeps them happy and two, now they watch Meet the Letters and are learning. I am actually surprise Taylynn still gets excited to see it.

We got our first copy from the Library then bought a new one at Sam's Club for 9 dollars and it is worth the 9 dollars.


I'll keep you updated with Preston's progress in the upcoming months

No comments:

Post a Comment