Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Show us your Life- Children Names

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
Kelly is hosting Show us your Life Children Names. This is a fun one, although I don't really have any great stories, it will be neat for the kids to look back and see what we were thinking before they were born.

In March 2006 we found out we were pregnant with a baby, this was a shock to us so no names were already in the plans. And we weren't one of those couples that already had names we liked.

The first time we looked at a baby name book was on the way home from Bentonville, Ar after telling my parents we were expecting. I had picked up a baby name book and it was huge. I basically went down the list on the ride home and highlighted the names we both agreed would possibly work. We were really stuck with any names, boy and girl so we decided we'd just wait to find out the sex.

A few months later we found out we were having a girl, so the planning began. I remember Aaron and I laying in bed one night discussing names and I mentioned I liked "lynn" and wanted it in her name if we could think of a cute beginning that wasn't so common. I began coming up with names and throwing them out there..........Katelynn, too common.......Maylynn, not quite right.........Taylynn, humm................Taylynn, yes Aaron liked it I liked it. We both agreed this little girl inside me was soon going to be Taylynn Rae.


Taylynn Rae

71/2 months after Taylynn's birthday, we found out we were pregnant again. This time we came up with a girls name before I had my sonogram. The girl name we loved was Alayna, but didn't talk a whole lot about it, just in case this one was going to be a boy. I remember Aaron would throw out random names and one he liked was Devereux. That was completely one sided and wasn't going to stick. I was then hoping for a girl because he really liked that name.

Sonogram day came and it was a boy! We went back to the baby books and looked at what was highlighted. Preston was a name I liked all along. I thought it was preppy and cute, a name that worked for a little boy and a grown man. So on April 4, 2008 a little boy named Preston Scott was born and his name is so perfect for him.

Preston Scott
This past October we became pregnant with #3. I wanted at least one more girl in our family since we already had the name Alayna picked out. I felt like a girl was needed in our family because I had her name and spoke as if we had another girl already.

February 26, 2010 we had our sonogram and it's a GIRL! Or should I say it's Alayna! I was very excited. Now we just needed to think of a middle name and we decided Jane after my mom. The other middle names, just clicked with us. Alayna is the first to have a family name.

Alyana is not here yet, were expecting her in the middle of July. I know this name is perfect for her. I just can't wait to see her and call her by her name.

Alayna Jane
This was at 13 weeks. I am now 29 weeks, but it's my best pregnant picture.

9 comments:

  1. You are a cute pregnant girl! :) I like Preston Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Love all the name picks! I love Preston, so cute! Your blog is too cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your names! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the names of all of your kids! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your names that you picked out. Alaina is Charlotte's middle name! Your kids are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how original they are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all 3 names...

    i wrote about your labels today...we love them so much, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taylynn is one I have never heard before, but I LOVE it!!! And Preston is a great boy name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great names....Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
    Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
    I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete