Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 11, 2011

moments

It's amazing thinking about last year when I was impatiently waiting the arrival of my baby girl. I really wanted her born on the fourth and I distinctly remember running up and down the stairs the night of the third hoping she would decided to come out.

I had a c section scheduled, but there is something exciting about going into labor. At least I think. I have never gone into labor on my own and I probably never will experience it.

So I am sitting here remembering Alayna barely able to squirm in my belly because she was so big and now I am in the same place I was last year with another little baby in my belly. I feel so blessed to have a family with four children, they are so precious to me.

All this time that flies by just makes me wish I could slow it down. These special moments like Alayna's first birthday are fleeting moments that pass so quickly. I wish I could just sit and soak in all the moments.

I am reading Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts, and it is beautiful. I am barely into the book and already love it. One thing that stuck out to me is remembering life is NOT an emergency, here is no need to rush things. God has given me these amazing blessings and I need to enjoy them every second.

For me this means less tv, more one on one time (or four on one). More playing games, talking, singing and snuggle time.

So as I get prepared to celebrate a first birthday, send my first to preschool and deliver my fourth baby I will remember these are not moments to rush, these are beautiful moments that only last a moment in time, but if cherished and enjoyed they can last forever.



Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment