Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life is full of farewells!

Growing up I never had to deal with friends moving away, but as I get older I have said goodbye to some great friends and it seems to only get harder.

My best friend Lindsey moved to Colorado in January, bittersweet because I knew she was going to love it there. I am secretly hoping she misses me and her family too much and comes back :) We have that kind of relationship though where distance won't keep us apart.

I have another friend Ali who is in the process of moving to Oklahoma. It's a career move for her husband, so once again bittersweet. She has only been in Topeka for two years, but we hit it off from the beginning and we have spent as much time together as we can. We both have four year old daughters who love each other and dress-up! We also got to walk with each other through pregnancies and the birth of her son Abe and my youngest Alayna.

We have grown in Christ together and because of this I'll try to keep a strong grip on what we have.

We had a farewell party at my house Monday night, it was really great to get a bunch of people that love Ali just to come and fellowship with her one last time. I had everyone write her a little note and I made a semi- scrapbook for her (I am not into scrapbooking). We had this verse up on my chalk board and I think it is perfect and is a reminder that we'll be united one day.

I thank my God every time I remember you.
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy
because of your partnership in the gospel from the
first day until now, being confident of this,
that he who began a good work in you will carry
it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 1:3-6

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment