Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 23, 2011

BLINK

JAMES 4:14
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.


I just returned from taking the youth group to church camp and it was an incredible week. We took 72 students and God has made an impact in each of their lives. Six students accepted Christ, many are getting baptized and all of them walked away different and changed.

Not only did God work in the students lives, but the adult sponsors also.

From the beginning I had emotions running through my veins. Yes, I can blame it on the pregnancy, or the fact that I missed Taylynn, Preston and Alayna. But I think God will put us in an emotion that makes us vulnerable and open. God used my emotions to change me.

This was our theme song:

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Taking all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink (x2)

When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink (x4)

Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life
It happens in a blink


As a parent we know how fast life goes. I am not sure if we are more busy or if it's because we have these little people who keep growing and changing making us realize how fast time does go by.

What is your life? That was the question of the week. My life is being a mom who can raise children who know Jesus, who then will go out and share Jesus and possible one day will have children on their own who will also then go and share Jesus.

Isn't that why we are here? To tell others about the love of Jesus. I believe that is the reason for my entire existence. Everything else is a bonus in this life.

Changes I have made this week:

Be intentional with the students. Yes, we an have other conversations beyond the Bible, but our conversations can always relate back to God.

Daily quiet time, everyday! To help me out I can't open this laptop until I have spent time with God first. And yes, I have already been with God this morning :)


I have had a blessed week. I am warn out!!!!!!
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. This is my oldest's favorite song and I like it a lot too. It does make one put everything into proper perspective. I'm glad you were a positive influence on the students and finding growth for yourself!

    ReplyDelete