Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hand full of Prayers



Last night while I was up with Chandler just enjoying the quite moments of the night with him, I held his hand and began praying for each of his fingers and how God will use them when he is a man. It was one of those moments I don't ever want to forget. A moment where I recognized that Chandler is not just MINE, he is God's child and I am just a temporary parent. I have chosen to be the best parent I can and raise Chandler to be the man God has planned for him to be. All I can do is set the foundation and pray for him. So Chandler dear, this is my prayer:





Left hand

pinky finger:

Lord, I pray that you will hold Chandler's hand when he is in a time of need. Guide him through a smooth path and allow him to feel the comfort of your hand.

ring finger:

God, my prayer is that Chandler will find other believers in his life and spend time hand in hand with them, as he walks them through rough moments and they walk him through his rough moments.

middle finger:

God I pray that Chandler can bring unbelievers to you. I pray that he will share his love for you with everyone he knows.

pointer finger:

Lord, I know its important to know your word. I pray that Chandler will search and discover your word, leaving his fingerprints among all your stories.


thumb:

Lord I pray that Chandler will come to you with his hand clutched together in prayer and with thankfulness. I pray that he uses prayer in all moments of joy and sadness.



Right hand

thumb:

God, I pray that Chandler's hands will often be found in his wive's hands. I pray for their love for each other and many years together.

pointer finger:

God I pray these hands will be used to serve you. I pray he uses the gifts you have given him to surpass his expectations where they will meet yours.

middle finger:

Lord I pray that he will lead his family. That he will step up and be a godly father and husband.

ring finger:

Lord, I pray that these hands will often be lifted up to you in praise. I pray he won't be timid about lifting his hands up you.


pinky finger:

God, I pray that one day Chandler will have a little baby of his own whose hand will be wrapped around his pinky. Bless those tiny hands and those sweet moments Chandler will have with his children. I pray Lord that one day Chandler will be on his knees praying these things for his own children.



To all my children,
These are just some of my prayers for you. I have dreams and hopes for you, but on top of it all I just want you to know Jesus and build a relationship with Him. He will then guide you and be with you and take you beyond your dreams and hopes.
Love you much!
Mommy



Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens. Lamentations 3:41


Caroline

3 comments:

  1. That is precious, Caroline. So sweet! What a treasure for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My precious, precious daughter! I pray that all your children bless you and Aaron in the way you have blessed your Dad and I. We love you and your sweet heart committed to Christ.

    ReplyDelete