Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When your father and I began dating

Taylynn and Preston,
I hope in the future you are reading this and learning more about your parents when we were younger. I thought it would be fun for you to know how God put the two of us togther.

This was a long time coming for me. I was dying for the day to come where your dad said he loved me. I just didn't know what it would take for him to get to the point or just realize that he had loved me all along.

It was fall of 2004 and after almost three years of friendship, walking with him through his new relationship with Jesus, and your dad helping me develop and stronger relationship with God, we knew each other inside out. I always wondered why it took three years for our friendship to become more, but now as I look back I know. God was preparing us, and molding us into the people he wanted us to be for each other.

I must admit I was in love with your dad, but I also didn't know what the future for us held. I knew he was graduating from college in the spring and I thought he was going to move away and work for some computer company. I was on the search for the man of my dreams and began going on a couple dates. I was set up by a couple from church and I went on a date with someone I didn't know. The date went well and it was fun, I probably would have gone out with him again.
Something happened that night while I was driving back to my apartment. I called your dad and told him that I had a great time, thinking he would be happy for me and not really care that I went on a date. He said, Caroline I can't do this......................I love you. I was in the car at the time driving, yet tears began to roll down my face.
-I was safe don't worry kids. Probably by the time you are reading this cell phone will be outdated, but they were these little phones you could take anywhere and talk to anyone.-

From that night on we were together and we both knew this was serious. We didn't just date to see if it would work out. We dated with plans to get married. When I look back on it, it was like a courtship. We were friends and we knew EVERYTHING about each other. God began working in both of us and he developed something beautiful like He always does. I hope that you understand how much God was apart of our coming together.

I spent my first year of college praying for your dad, who I called future husband when I talked with God. My faith was strong, stronger than it have ever been up to that point. I surrounded my self in the Word and because of this God gave me your dad. Next to God sending His son to die on the cross for us, your dad is probably the biggest blessing I'll ever receive.

I will say it was hard waiting for your dad to come around, but in Romans 8:25 it says: But if we hope for what we do not have yet, we wait for it patiently.

Most of these pictures were before we began dating, but some are during that time too.

Oceans of Fun 2003


Dave Matthews Concert 2003Colorado 2003


My 21st birthday- 2004Aaron's 22 birthday 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment