Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's the little things we do all for a BIG reason

This was a hard, but special Christmas. I usually don't ever say anything negative about the amount of children I have, but I will say holidays just got a lot harder.  I just spread myself thin and really try to do EVERYTHING. I just got worn out, but I still managed to make this Christmas fabulous in their eyes. We did the little things, lights, dancing all around the house, singing, cookies, hot chocolate, shopping, presents, books, carols, movies, gingerbread houses, reindeer food, a walk through the birth of Jesus with their Little People nativity, tree, playing in the snow, birthday cake for Jesus, the list goes on and on.
To top it all off we have all been sick since Thursday, I kinda skipped it, but every night I have felt sick....I think I would have rather just got sick and got it over with. Like I said it's been a hard Christmas, do you agree?
But today, Christmas day, was a blessing, we didn't have to be anywhere or do anything but be together. We played, cleaned, cooked, played, and just loved on each other. We made a memory and my prayer is that it will stay in their hearts. I also pray that even though they loved the toys and gifts, their big take away is that Christmas day represents a birth that leads us to a forever place with God. The birth of Christ not only brings us closer to God, but it brings hope to a forever with my family.
The only thing I really wanted was to hear from the children we celebrate Christmas because of Jesus. And even Alayna told me today that it was Jesus' Birthday, mission accomplished!
So although spreading the cheer might not be easy, I have to realize with four kids it's not about me, it's about them. And one day I am going to miss this so much. So much!


1 comment:

  1. You're a wonderful mother! I can tell they appreciate all that you do- it's in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete