Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 14, 2011

Week one

(Originally written on Friday, but not posted until today!)

Today concludes one week at home with Chandler. Next Monday Aaron goes back to work and I am on my own. Physically I am fine and recovering from the surgery as normal, but I am emotionally not prepared. I am so afraid with four children running around the house that I can't be the mom I want to be, but more importantly the mom God created me to be. I know that through Christ I can do all things and I know I can give him all my cares and that I don't have to spend my time worrying. I "know" it's all true, but do I believe God will provide for ME? In the end He will, even if life is rough for awhile, I know my God will come through....He always does, even with my unbelief.

Since this was our first week at home and very special to all of us I wanted to document it.

Friday:
We got home from the hospital around 2:30pm
Everyone was so excited and got to hold baby Chandler.
Nothing productive happened, but staring at the baby and smiling all day.

Saturday:
I had an appointment at the breastfeeding clinic. Aaron dropped Chandler and I off and then he took the kids to the library.

Sunday:
Our first real family outing was at church. It was good to get out and show off Chandler.
We took the kids out for pizza, we all had a great time.
Target run after pizza, we had some things we needed. Everyone was good :)

Monday:
We all took Taylynn to Preschool, then we headed back to Target to get some things we forgot.
Then Toy's R us and TJ Maxx.
We picked up Taylynn and headed home for the day.

Tuesday:
Aaron took everyone but Chandler to the Discovery Center so I could relax a bit. The quiet was nice, but after an hour I missed the noise.
I had my first mommy of four failure......I missed Chandler's doctor's appointment.Ooops!
My friend Taylor came by to meet Chandler.
We watched a really bad Halloween movie with the kids.

Wednesday:
We stayed in the house all day and relaxed.

Thursday:
I was ready to get out of the house. We took the kids to the mall for some Chick-fil-a and some shopping. We were there for four hours, but everyone behaved!

Friday:
Aaron and Preston took Taylynn to school then they went golfing (pictures to come)
Alayna, Chandler and I stayed home. While Chandler slept Alayna and I had so much fun! We played and colored and sang and dance. It was so wonderful to spend time with just her, I wish I had more of an opportunity to do that.

After Aaron picked us up after getting Taylynn, we went to lunch; I was craving some mexican food.

What a wonderful week! I love our family of six, so many adventures to come!



Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment