Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MOPS and Banners





Yesterday I was the "guest speaker" for my mom's group. I was so nervous, it was taking me back to public speaking 101! Although in comparison to any public speaking class, I actually talked about something I really enjoy......PARTIES!!!!

I guess my fear was that everyone would already know what I was saying, like it was nothing new, but I actually think I gave some pretty good ideas to the gals that they can/will actually use. I hope anyway.

I also had to come up with a craft for the whole group and I decided on making banners for the group. I cut out over 200 triangles of 20 different fabric patterns. I should have taken pictures, but I was a bit busy.

Here is the tutorial I passed out: To get a perfect triangle you can pull up paint or word and use your shapes tool and make a large triangle then print and cut and that can be your template.

I just made one for my self with the left over fabric. This will look great for Easter!Before you glue lay them upside down on the ribbon to check spacing. You want at least a foot on each side for tying.



Caroline

1 comment:

  1. You did as great job. I love crafts, but I didn't know how I was going to get Makenzie's Mickey banner done--I thought it'd be too much sewing. So see, you totally taught me something new-- to glue the dang thing! And I got a pattern out of the deal. Thanks again. You did wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete