week we are doing teacher gifts.
Here are some other ideas from my mom:
Thoughtful notes with details about what a parent has appreciated about the teacher that year. I have a file that I labeled “Feel Good Notes” and I look at this from time to time and it always lifts me up
· A nicely decorated file for the notes with the note would be a neat idea
· Gift cards are nice especially for the older teachers as one can only use so many mugs and pencil holders
· A Gift card tree was compiled by the class one year and I really enjoyed that for months. It was decorated like a Christmas tree and had many different cards on it
· A scrapbook of the year is always a wonderful keepsake for the teacher. I have homemade ones and the ones made online.
· My decorated chair from the class has to be one of my favorites. I am very protective of it and wouldn’t even sit in it for years.
· I have had several trees planted in my honor at schools.
· Gifts where the class goes together are really nice. A name plate, a class rug, a special chair