Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 15, 2012

AIRMAIL PARTY DIY- Burlap Banner


 


I made my banners using a white burlap fabric. I thought I took pictures of the painting process, but I can't find them.  So here are the step by steps of the painting.
 I tape down the burlap on a tarp and using masking tape or painters tape evenly lay down where you don't want the paint to go. Press into fabric firmly.

Once your tape is down spray paint lightly, don't try and do a perfect thick coat of paint, this will bleed through the fabric. Once dry remove the tape.

I print of the shape I want onto card stock and then trace it putting it in all different directions on the fabric so that the lines don't match up.

You may line it with a trim, but it's not necessary. I used one I got on sale at Hobby Lobby and I use tacky glue to apply it.

I use the same glue to attach the pieces to your top trim that is going to hold your banner together.
You may also use hot glue or even sew it. In this case I used tacky glue and hand stitched it because the trim I bought needed to be folded in half and I wasn't sure the glue would keep it in place. Plus I knew the party was outside and I want it to be sturdy in case of wind.


Just a couple more tips:
You don't need much burlap, I think I used half a yard.
Use good fabric scissors.
You may use circle stickers or other shapes to make other deigns



1 comment:

  1. oh my! you are so creative, I loved everything in that party, and is amazing that you do everything

    ReplyDelete