Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life and rest

I haven't had much of a chance to write about me and my life. I have been busy going nonstop up until the last couple weeks. The truth is I have tried to slow down, but I can't do it on my own. God has put his breaks on my life and He is giving me a look at how He wants my life.
Once everything started back up in September I realized I was doing too much. I was in four Bible studies and really trying to get myself out there learning more about God and who He is.........when all along God wanted me to just sit and listen. I have my whole life to learn about Him, and even then I won't know everything. As of this moment in my life God wants me to be still and know that He is God. I have no time to hear Him if I don't stop to listen to Him. I had to let go of one Bible study and possible more if that's what God wants.

Sunday nights are a night I use just for God and I. Aaron has a men's bible study he goes to, so once the kids are in bed it's just me and God. I am participating in the Bloom Book Club and we are reading Sabbath by Wayne Muller. It has taught me it's ok to rest, who knew, ha! I never really used Sundays as just a time to relax, fellowship with family and friends, eat and have fun. I wanted to make my Sundays a day that pleases God, low key.

It's not shocking, but amazing that after God speaks to me He always sends me to text. So many times when I am in need of advice or His wisdom He places it in my hands. This was true for The Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. I went through this book in about 9 months rather than 40 days. I went to it when I felt I needed it and every time it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. To me that is just a reminder for God and His love for each one of us.

O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Psalm 139: 1-6

I just feel too blessed to not share what God has been doing in my life. I love how He has complete control over everything I do. I just wish it was easier to give Him all the control 24/7. I guess that's where we fall under imperfect category

No comments:

Post a Comment